Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Tabgha and the Primacy of Peter


Greetings to all of you who are following us in our journey through the Holy Land. 

Today we visited the site where the Multiplication of the Loaves and Fishes took place; we celebrated Mass there with a religious community. I felt very welcomed by the community as they included an English reading and we prayed the Our Father in English. This made me feel at home as part of the Catholic Church founded by Christ in charity, peace and hope. Then, we went to the site known as the Primacy of Peter. At this site by the Sea of Galilee Jesus took the Twelve to teach them and in this place Jesus asked Peter three times: “Peter do you love me?” after Peter answered; Jesus asked him to feed His flock. During the time in this site I was praying for the people I will be working with. I asked the Lord to give me a shepherd’s heart to be able to feed His flock with Jesus’ love and care. 

The last place that we visited was a synagogue; it was a great experience to be there. In the beginning we all were wondering about visiting the synagogue; however, I think most of us were amazed by the way the Jews welcomed us. They were very friendly and open to talk to us and even show us the Torah and a young man gave us a very nice explanation about the way they pray. It has been a great experience being in the Holy Land and to see and touch places where Jesus was. I want to take the opportunity to thank you for all your support but most importantly, for your prayers. 

Please keep praying for us as we continue our journey in the footsteps of Christ so that we may be transformed more in His likeness to feed His flock with love, mercy, and hope. God bless you all.   

No comments:

Post a Comment