Sunday, February 8, 2015

A Family Affair

One of the greatest blessings of the pilgrimage is becoming closer as a class.  In my opinion, and I'm certain the majority of my classmates would agree with me, our class is very close and we have been since our first year together.  As we were preparing to leave for pilgrimage many faculty and seminarians, who have been on this pilgrimage before, said that pilgrimage "makes or breaks" your class.  This never worried me because of the great friendships and fraternity we have built among ourselves the last 2 1/2 years but I am happy to report that we have grown closer these past three weeks. 

An example of our brotherhood was on display this evening when we celebrated all the February birthdays.  It was a joyful celebration that was full of laughter and love.  For me it was like attending a family party.  Even last night, an actual birthday for one of the guys, a large group got together on the patio of our hotel and celebrated together.  As guys would walk past a window we would call him outside to join us so that no one would be left out.  I'm proud that we are a close-knit community that doesn't want to leave anyone out. 


I'm proud to be a member of this class.  I couldn't imagine spending this pilgrimage with a better group of men.  Please continue to pray for us as we pray for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment