Friday, February 27, 2015

Empty Tomb, Filled with the Spirit: Mass at Jesus' Tomb

“and behold, there was a great earthquake; for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven, approached, rolled back the stone, and sat upon it. His clothing was white as snow. The guards were shaken with fear of him and became like dead men. The angel said to the woman in reply, ‘Do not be afraid! I know that you are seeking Jesus the crucified. He is not here, for he has raised just as he said.” (Matthew 2-6)

On this day, the Lord has blessed us by allowing us to partake of the Sacred Eucharist precisely on the altar of the Holy Sepulcher. This is the place where, more than two thousand year ago, Our Lord and savior was buried and the same place where He broke the chains of death and brought us New Life. This has been one of the many wonderful blessings that we have been able to receive during this pilgrimage. To be at the exact place where the history of human existence changed, to be in the place where the Power of God conquered and destroyed all the darkness of sin and death cannot be described. This experience of faith has been a great opportunity for many of us to grow in our faith and in our commitment to follow Christ.

During the Sacred Celebration of the Mass I thought about the many holy places that by the grace of God I have visited, the many places I always wanted to visit and pray at, and the many others I didn’t even know existed. This experience of grace has deepened my faith and caused me to learn new things about it. I also feel called in a new way to go and share with others this great News, that “God loved us that He has sent His only Son so that through Him we can have Eternal Life.” God willing, my classmates and I will soon be able to do so as deacons. As I write these final words, I would like to manifest my appreciation and prayers for those who, in one way or another, have helped to make this pilgrimage possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment