Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Joyful Anticipation

The anticipation is palpable. For several seminarians at Mundelein Seminary, suitcases lay open adjacent to small piles of clothes, textbooks, bibles, and rosaries waiting to be arranged. There is a sense of unease with the unknown of what will happen during our pilgrimage to the Holy Land. Will it rain a lot? Have I packed enough sweaters?
  
These are important questions that have kept many of us pilgrims busy, but there arstill more important questions that make thrilling the unknown.  What do I want to ask of the Lord as I walk the land he did? What graces will he give me when I am least expecting them? What moment in prayer, which experience, or which insight will I remember years from now in my priestly ministry?

This blog will journal our pilgrimage. We hope that you will visit it often and join us on this walk with the Lord Jesus. We take with us a great deal of prayer intentions that our friends, family, and benefactors have entrusted to us.  Pray for us that we might remain open to the promptings of the Holy Spirit and that this might be a fruitful experience.

2 comments:

  1. I pray for all of you to see and feel our lord in the journey that awaits you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Godspeed my brothers. May your experience in the land of our Saviour's earthly existence, enlighten you and deepen your faith.

    ReplyDelete