Tuesday, March 10, 2015

The Final Countdown


 
 
 
We have entered into the last full week of our pilgrimage journey.  This is a weighty sentence to write.  The next several days will see us thinking and turning our minds more and more to our journey home.  It will become more and more difficult to concentrate on living in the moment, living our pilgrimage journey.  This post today is an appeal to you, our family, friends, benefactors, to pray for us even more intently these next two weeks.  We have had some tremendous graces on this journey.  I am certain that all of my classmates have stories of how God has touched them, has triggered the inward journey that the outward pilgrimage brings about.  These experiences will undoubtedly strengthen us in our future ministry.  Each and every one of us pray that we will be able to take these experiences and apply them to the benefit of our future parishioners.  We are praying always for these individuals and families, some of whom might be reading this very blog. 

            To walk in the footsteps of Christ has shown me the importance of always walking with Christ.  Only by close intimacy with Christ can I hope to be an effective minister of His People.  To be able to walk in these footsteps, to pray at the places where He accomplished the definitive reunion of God and humanity, as well as unifying all of us to each other, has given me an insight into priestly ministry that I can't really put into words.  Hopefully it will illuminate and inform my future ministry, giving me direction, purpose and zeal.

            Know that you are all in our prayers, and I ask in a special way today that you pray for the grace to stay focused on the pilgrimage experience, for myself and each of my classmates.  We look forward to seeing you soon, but not just yet!  We've still got work to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment